This blog is for refining my ideas and post the things which I know/read.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dual nature of my interests.

The branch i opted for is Physics. I am so fascinated with physics that most people from Andhra Pradesh generally prefer Mathematics in which they seem to be more strong. But me being a student of Srinivasa Chary Sir( of Mega Study Cirlce fame. ) , was much more interested in Physics.

All this happened because of my dad. Man he is too practical. I still remember his explaination of 7 continents and 5 oceans and easy way to learn 5 table in LKG. He took a basin of water and put 6 cardpieces with 6 continents names written and an Ice cube with a paper sticked on it named Antarctica. I still have that picture in my mind. And he also explained the platlet movement just by moving these cardboards.

And for the 5 multiplication table he first taught us how to tell the time. Later he just simply asked to multiply the no with 5 and say the time the minute hand shows. He took a lot of pain for myself to pronounce fifteen. I used to say Fiveteen.:)

Around the same time one day it was heavily raining, he brought a bed bulb, bulb holder, battery and long wire. Without changing his wet dress he started connecting the circuit.
In 3rd class Freezing mixture experiment. For this me and my dad wasted almost 8hrs + 1kg of salt. Simply add salt to ice 1:16 ratio and this makes a small cup of water to freeze. These kind of things increased my appetite for Science rather than physics. Opted for MPC group in inter and Engineering Physics in my Engineering.

I love my dad. soooooo much. 21 years happy. then started struggle. Father says beta phataphat IAS banjaa. Beta sochtha hain ki is duniya mein physics ke alawa kuch bhi nahin. Relates everything with Uncertainity Principle and Quantum Mechanics, Nanoparticles, Biophysics...what not.

Never love any two things too much which contradict each other/which makes the other timely impossible. Now if i become an IAS my Physics will end and if I opt for PhD in Physics I will never in my life be an IAS officer. They seem to be complimentary like the wave-particle like Dual nature of matter. If we observe the wave nature then we dont observe the particle nature and vice versa.

Then wheres the problem? I want both. :(((

But there seems to be a hope, a little hope. After an Iranian-American scientist rebels Quantum Mechanics rules where Einstein failed. ( Remember the famous quote : " God does not play dice " )
Rule 1: Nothing exists unless until you measure it.
Rule 2: Ignore the rule 1. ( New one. )

So what exactly this Ashrafar (Iranian-American scientist) does is that he setup ineterference experiment such that he can simultaneosuly know the path of the photon and have the interference pattern. Here the path and pattern are the complimentaries.

Hope that there will be such a logic or solution to my problem too.. that simulataneously I can be an IAS officer and a Physicist. May be in "my" life "my" Dad can be Asrafar for "my" problem. ( Too many my's no? Because as in Bagavadgitha Srikrishna says, " I am the problem. I am the solution. " :P)

Three cheers to Quantum Mechanics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you could still go ahead with IAS, and get into the education administration wing, and then into IITs or something, teach/do research in Physics...
But, for a few years you have to pursue physics non-academically...
you may be the Director of any IIT or something and pursue your research...

So, after all the Iranian Scientist could be true:D
Yoga

Anonymous said...

Maastaro(Subbu)...

I think u should go towards Physics...I was stunned by ur father's explanation...I always used to think i had to learn things that way but noone could help me...U r most lucky to get such Father...

And to satisfy ur father's wish...try IAS just 3 year before IAS age limit touches so that u could do research till then in Physics...

I like to know many such practical techniques to learn Physics...If possible maintain some site that would cater Physics in the way ur Father says...

Sri...Sudhir