This blog is for refining my ideas and post the things which I know/read.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Friendship with Gaurds of IIT Delhi

In the morning around 6:30 I am taking a short walk around the hostels. Suddenly one person came from back and said, " Namashkaar ji ". He is none other than our IIT hostel gate's gaurd saab. I replied back, " Namashkaar ji ".
Knowing gaurds really pays you. No need to check my letters. Daily when I go to the desk gaurd saab says, " Sir! aapka Money order hai " or " Sir! aapka registered post hai. patha nahi usme aapka room no galath likha hua hai. " ( My dad has this very bad habit. He writes different room nos each and everytime. )
And whenever I go to computer services center, gaurd saab doesnt ask ID card. Just I enter just giving a small smile at him. Whenever I enter into other hostel I just give a hand shake without showing any ID card.
Moral of the story is just say Hi to everyone with a smile. One day it pays back.

No comments: